EN pomoc publiczna MANUFACTURING14.02.2014
Investors implementing economic activity on the area of Lodz SEZ use state public aid in the form of exemption from corporate income tax or personal income tax. It is also possible to obtain exemption from real estate tax.
State aid is granted for:
Investors have complete freedom in selection of type of aid they want to use. Support is provided until full consumption of total amount of eligible state aid but not longer than to the end of the Zone’s operation. Level of state aid depends on the size of enterprise and is as follows*:
*For Wielkopolska and Masovia, where LSEZ also functions, the level of state aid is 25% (20% for Masovia region). For SME the state aid is increased by 20 percentage points and 10 percentage points respectively.
DETAILED OFFER (CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE ICON)
1. Properties with the Lodz SEZ status for the construction of manufacturing and service facilities MORE
CONDITIONS FOR THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY IN LODZ
The manufacturing industry is represented by the dominating part of Lodz SEZ investors. Factors that have created favourable conditions for the development of that industry include:
- A wide range of properties for the construction of manufacturing facilities to choose from, of various sizes and in various locations,
- competitive labour costs,
- the cooperation of the Lodz SEZ with vocational schools and promotion of dual education,
- the central location of the region (the intersection of the A1 and A2 motorways, the S8 dual carriageway),
- strong industrial traditions.
According to the Strategy of Development of the Special Economic Zones, the Ministry of Economy defined the following sectors as key industries from the viewpoint of the development of the Lodzkie Voivodeship:
The agricultural and food processing industry is one of the key sectors of the Polish economy. Products manufactured in Poland are of a high quality and are recognized in the European as well as global markets. The main branches of the food processing industry in the region of Lodz include milk, fruit and vegetables, and meat processing. In 2012, over 2.5 thousand businesses manufacturing foodstuffs and over 100 businesses manufacturing beverages were registered.
One of the tools supporting the food processing industry in the region of Lodz is the possibility for entrepreneurs to use public aid granted in the LSEZ. The factors which are favourable for the development of the industry in the region include:
- tangible resources – agricultural land, diverse raw materials from crop and livestock farming,
- the fruit and vegetable cluster which has been operating since 2009 and which has gathered producers from the Lodzkie and Mazowieckie voivodeships. In principle, the cluster is supposed to promote modern methods of production of fruit and vegetables and support the modernization and development of the food processing industry in the region of Lodz. Operations of the cluster are coordinated by the Research Institute of Horticulture in Skierniewice,
- the presence of the “Zjazdowa” Lodz Vegetable and Fruit Cluster in the region,
- the favourable attitude of the regional authorities – the food and agricultural sector was defined as a key industry for the region in the Strategy of Development of the Lodzkie Voivodeship,
- the presence of one of the most important research and development centres in the region, i.e. the Research Institute of Horticulture in Skierniewice.
The Lodz Special Economic Zone was recognized by the following companies from the sector:
The construction industry is a priority sector in the region of Lodz. Owing to the strong connections between the development of this sector with the location of sources of raw materials, the industry has become a natural specialization of the eastern part of the region of Lodz, i.e. the counties of Tomaszow and Opoczno, where the resources of stone, sand, minerals, and gravel are located. In the Lodzkie Voivodeship, app. 5.5 thousand enterprises operate which are connected to the mining and manufacturing of construction materials. The dynamic development of the so-called Opoczno-Tomaszow Mazowiecki Ceramic and Construction Basin, which was related with the mining of glass and moulding sands and kaolin, increased the share of the region of Lodz in the manufacture of ceramic tiles in Poland went up to 70%.
Key factors for the development of the construction sector in the region of Lodz:
- raw materials: the Opoczno-Tomaszow Ceramic and Construction Basin; additional sources of raw materials also including deposits extracted during the mining of lignite in “Belchatow-Szczercow-Zloczew” Mining and Energy Basin and the stone- and limestone-rich counties of Wielun, Pajeczno, Piotrkow and Radomsko,
- the favourable attitude of the regional authorities: the construction industry is recognized as a key sector in the Strategy of Development of the Lodzkie Voivodeship.
The following companies from the construction industry operate based on a permit in the Lodz Special Economic Zone:
WRÓĆ DO POPRZEDNIEJ STRONY